2. LINK Method: New Business Model
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- recall the New Business Model (NBM) principles
- evaluate your business in terms of inclusiveness
Topic: LINK Methodology: the New Business Model principles
LINK Methodology aims to promote the engagement of smallholder producers with markets. This method guides a multi-stakeholder process of shaping or upgrading inclusive trading relationships with the potential to create a win-win situation for all actors involved. Four key tools are used to kick off, implement and conclude a participatory innovation process in the iterative manner of a design-test-check-act cycle. The NBM principles represent a set of signposts to help evaluate current business practices in terms of their inclusiveness and to deliver practical ideas on how to enhance a business’s inclusiveness.
Give your own definition of a business model.
Identify the activities related to inclusiveness at Novos Horizontes after reading Chapter B8 from ‘Is inclusive business for you?‘
Identify activities related to inclusiveness based on the NBM principles that you already do in your business operations.
Identify activities related to inclusiveness based on NBM principles that you might pursue in the future.
- Research & publications: ‘Is inclusive business for you?’ Chapter B8 Novos Horizontes, pp. 87–96.
- Research & publications: Link Methodology: Inclusive Business Model Toolkit, Pages 1–5, 12–26.