5. Prepare for Company Visit
By the end of the session, you will be able to:
- identify the value chain for the companies to be visited
- identify key issues in the sector where companies are operatin
- identify potential competitors/strategies
- ask questions that will help you evaluate the company in terms of performance and inclusiveness
- implement an effective and efficient interview process.
Topic: Team roles during the interview process
Group members need to take on different roles during an interview: the lead person introducing the group, leading the interview process, thanking the others for their time, etc.; the interviewers (by groups of questions); observers (reflecting on the interview process) and note-takers, etc.
- Describe the objective of the visit.
- Review the business plan components and decide on the type of data on the company you would like to collect.
- Develop an appropriate strategy for gathering data and information.
- Distribute research tasks around the group.
- Identify interview questions.
- Present your findings (analysis and key questions).
- Prepare for the interview process.